Write an essay on political, legal and technical environment
You are required to complete the following assignment(s) for this learning plan. Directions for submitting assignments are located under “Dropbox” in the “Help” icon on the navigation bar.
Learning Plan 1
LP1 Assignment: The Political, Legal and Technical Environment
Consider a company that is operating within the NAFTA trade block. What are some of the political, legal and technical dimensions that it faces in relation to its business operations? You can choose a specific company if you think that will be helpful, but it is sufficient to make general observations. Identify three issues in each category (i.e., 3 political issues, 3 legal issues and 3 technical). Let the information presented in chapter 2 of the Luthans and Doh text guide you, but do some independent research as well.
Write a one to two page paper summarizing your findings. The written summary should be double-spaced using 12-point Times New Roman font. You will need to cite your sources of information (at least three) at the end of your paper. Though the paper need not be in APA format, the citations at the end do. One of those three citations can be the Luthans and Doh text.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP1: Environment.” This assignment is worth 75 points and will be graded according to the following scoring guide.
Work meets or exceeds criterion at a high level of competence.
Work meets criterion with minor errors.
Criterion partially met, but one or more important concepts/skills are missing or flawed.
Work reflects an attempt to meet criterion, but significant misunderstandings/misconceptions are apparent
Criterion not met or work is absent.
1. The student locates sources which provide sufficient information from which to identify the political, legal and technical dimension in question.
2. The student appropriately identifies at least three dimensions in each category.
3. The student clearly presents the findings from the sources of information their research has yielded.
4. Criterion partially met, but one or more important concepts/skills are missing or flawed.
5. The essay is organized in a logical, coherent manner and s clearly written and contains correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.