Using your knowledge of Supply Chain Management and your academic research skills, complete all of the following:
- Describe four changes to the traditional 7-Eleven supply chain that the move to fresh foods will require. In addition, discuss four advantages that 7-Eleven can gain by outsourcing all or most of the fresh food supply chain responsibilities.
- Use a basic flow diagram to create a simple supply chain model for delivering fresh sandwiches with eight distinct boxes. You may use the software of your choice to create the diagram; however, it must be readable when copied and pasted or imbedded into your MS Word document.
- Recommend either a push-based strategy or pull-based strategy for ordering fresh foods and justify your recommendation.
- Discuss three advantages and three disadvantages of using Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology in the proposed supply chain.
- Describe four businesses that have successfully implemented the retail of fresh foods that would be suitable for 7-Eleven to benchmark.
- Discuss four important pieces of information that must be gathered and transmitted using 7-Eleven’s IT networks to support the fresh food supply chain.
- Describe how the practice of tanpin kanri (item by item management) may be transferred from 7-Eleven Japan to the United States operation.
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to twelve double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly or professional resources, and the New York Times article.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style