Risk Workshop and Risk Register
Note: The assignments are a series of papers that are based on the same case, which is located in the Student Center of the course shell. The assignments are dependent upon one another.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) Risk Workshop and Risk Register Component paper in which you:
- Identify the required pre-workshop activities.
- Prepare a risk workshop agenda based on Figure B-8, Sample Agenda for a First Risk Assessment / Two – Day Risk Workshop (Appendix B of the Hillson and Simon text). Include suggested time intervals for each activity and justify why each agenda item is relevant for this case.
- Determine the top five (5) threats in a risk register following Figure B-11, Sample Simplified Risk Register Format (Appendix B of the Hillson and Simon text). Include information from the case for each threat.
- Justify the assignment of probability and impacts for each threat identified in criterion number 3 of this assignment.
- Document the top three (3) opportunities in a risk register following Figure B-11, Sample Simplified Risk Register Format (Appendix B of the Hillson and Simon text). Include information from the case for each opportunity.
- Justify the assignment of probability and impacts for each opportunity identified in criterion number 5 of this assignment.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assess and prioritize risks to the project through an analysis of the active threats and opportunities presented.
- Apply the Active Threats and Opportunities Management (ATOM) process to ensure a consistent, measurable result of this analysis.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in project risk management
- Write clearly and concisely about project risk management using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric
Access XanEdu Case Pack via the Student Center or the XanEdu link in the course menu
Your instructor will let you know which case to use. (Trouble accessing? Check Student Center for Detailed Instructions on XanEdu)
Assignment 4 Project Progress
- The top-two (2) threats have occurred.
- The top opportunity has been realized.
- The project’s risk budget is already exhausted.
- The risk management schedule has been shortened by two (2) months.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the impact of those events on the project.
- Determine if any mitigation activities are required and explain why.
- Determine if budget / schedule changes are necessary and explain why.
- Update the risk register and highlight the changes made. Provide the justification for the changes.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.