Organization and Management for Healthcare ã€€
Organization and Management for Healthcare
Unit 3 Assignment
Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
• Apply management skills to solve problems unique to healthcare organizations.
Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
PC 1.2: Contribute to team goals and objectives through active participation and collaboration.
There are five essential principles of management. These include planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and leading. For this assignment you will select a
classmate to work with. You and your classmate will:
• Conduct outside research of the topics of planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and leading (consider using the Kaplan library databases)
You and your teammate have been asked to give a presentation to a group of new managers in a health care setting. This presentation must cover each of the five
principles discussed above. For each principle you will need to provide a real world example in which you or another leader has successfully performed the function and
the impact that function had. You and your teammate need to demonstrate in your presentation the value each principle has in the real word.
• Your presentation should be in Microsoft PowerPoint
• Be 10–12 slides in length (not including the cover slide or reference slide)
• Include comprehensive speaker’s notes
• Include appropriate graphics, images, and slide transitions