Identify and define the mental processes that account for mistakes in identifying strangers
This assignment is worth 5 points, and short answers are required.
Utilize your textbook and other sources if applicable, to answer the following questions:
1. Identify and define the mental processes that account for mistakes in identifying strangers. Also identify the circumstances that affect the accuracy of perceptions in identifying strangers.
2. Why are photo identifications the most unreliable eyewitness identification procedure?
3. Identify and explain the rationales behind the three justifications for the exclusionary rule. Which justification does the U.S. Supreme Court use today?
4. List and explain five exceptions to the exclusionary rule.
5. Identify the difference between the subjective and objective tests of entrapment. Identify two elements in the subjective test of entrapment and the two kinds of circumstances the government can use to prove defendants’ predisposition to commit crimes.