Five roles of marketing communications in services
Students are to apply service marketing mix theories as presented during the unit. Students will select a dentist (or doctor) – preferable one personally experienced – and develop a marketing strategy applying the service marketing mix theories. In this assessment students are required to submit a written assignment. Theoretical concepts, processes and models as presented during the unit should be used and applied.
1. Analyse, giving the appropriate weight, each relevant ‘P’ of the services marketing mix for your selected dentist (or doctor). (approximately 500-600 words)
2. Provide examples of each relevant ‘P’ of the services marketing mix for your selected dentist (or doctor). (approximately 200-300 words)
3. Based on the services marketing mix, recommend at least two strategies that could (cost effectively) be introduced to increase customer satisfaction/ experience at your selected dentist (or doctor). (approximately 300-350 words) The report should concentrate on applying marketing mix theories and the relevant weight of each component as relevant to the organisation and industry.
Content should display logic and cite examples and theories.
You must include:
• Research using at least 2 academic journal articles
• Carefully select appropriate theories and concepts
• Construct an in-depth and analytical discussion
• Use evidence and examples to support your work
• Write in a clear and logical manner.
• Cite all references using the APA referencing system
• Prepare and format a reference list.
Your REPORT should be in proper format and will be assessed on the following criteria:
• Quality of analysis applying the theoretical concepts of the course.
• Creativity and innovation demonstrated in presenting information.
• Proper professional formatting including consistent font size, sequence and paragraphs used. The report should concentrate on applying marketing mix theories and the relevant weight of each component as relevant to the organisation and industry
Service Marketing Management
1) Describe the five roles of marketing communications in services.
2) What are the key barriers for firms to break the cycle of failure and move into the cycle of success?
3) What are the four main purposes service environments fulfil?
4) Explain how flexible capacity might be created in: a) a tax accountant b) a hairdresser c) a florist
5) What motivated Westpac to commit to 200 new branches?
6) What should hoteliers do to make use of customer reviews on TripAdvisor and other such websites?
7) Compare and contrast switching barriers (costs) in banks with other service industries for example hairdressers, telecommunications, restaurants.