Evaluate strategies for contract negotiation
The purpose of this application is to provide the student an opportunity to explore the role of the advanced practice nurse (APN) and develop an APNprofessional development plan.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1: Synthesize knowledge and concepts from advanced practice nursing with supporting disciplines as a foundation for APN/specialty nurse practitioner practice that is culturally competent and population-specific (PO #1).
2: Assimilate primary care competencies into APN/specialty nurse practitioner practice that exemplify professional values, scholarship, service, and culturally competent global awareness and support ongoing professional and personal development.(PO #5)
3: Contribute to the body of advanced practice nursing knowledge through participation in systematic inquiry, utilization of evidence-based practice, and dissemination of findings to support high-quality care and healthcare innovation.(PO #9)
4: Evaluate strategies for contract negotiation, CV/resume writing, credentialing, national board certification, hospital privileges, and reimbursement (PO #8).
5: Develop visionary leadership skills that combine best evidence with nursing expertise to support quality improvement, safety, and change across healthcare organizations and systems (PO #1, 3, 8, and 9).
6: Differentiate leadership strategies that strengthen interprofessional collaboration and incorporate an ethic of care, values, and ethical principles into the role of the nurse leader across healthcare organizations and systems (PO #2, 4, 5, 6, and 7).
1. To complete this application, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the Chamberlain College of Nursing Online Library.
2. The APN Professional Development Plan paper is worth 150 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
3. Create your manuscript using Microsoft Word 2007 (a part of Microsoft Office 2007), which is the required format for all college. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word 2007 document because it will end in “.docx”
4. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum.
5. The length of the paper is to be no less than 6 and no greater than 8 pages excluding title page and reference pages.
6. APA (2010) format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
a. Introduction to the APN professional development plan
b. APN Scope of Practice
c. Personal Assessment
d. Networking and Marketing Strategies